Anything gifted to you by a business or a company can be called a corporate gift. For example, a gift given to employees of the business to acknowledge some exceptional performance may be termed as a corporate gift. Another example of such gift-giving may include gifts bestowed upon major clients. A corporate gift, however, is not the same as an incentive. As the experts point out, incentives are awards given for achieving defined levels of performance or activity. Gifts are more often than not an undefined arrangement and nearly spontaneous. Nowadays, many online gift portals such as http://www.sourcesg.com/ have proven to be the need of the hour due to their ease of use and great services.
Gifting As Per The Need
Various factors need to be kept in mind when it comes to corporate gift giving.
- Choice Of Gift
Perhaps the most crucial aspect of not only corporate, but any gift giving is the choice of the gift. One must choose the right and the most appropriate item from a plethora of corporate gift ideas.
- Manner Of Presenting
Once an item has been chosen, the manner in which it is presented to the recipient of the gift should be considered. This will include the following aspects.
- The physical presentation of the gift, such as how it is wrapped, etc. plays a role in the impact it is going to have.
- The mode of conveyance of the gift is also a factor, such whether it is handed in person to the recipient or sent by mail.
- Other personal factors, such as whether the items arrive at the recipient’s home, or not. The kind and tone of the message that is sent along with the gift are also of importance.
- Time Of Presenting
The time at which a gift is presented is another aspect that decides to some extent the impact of the gift. It is here that one needs to consider whether a gift bestowed on a significant occasion such as a birthday or a major festival, or a gift bestowed on a normal day will have a greater impact.
Most of all, the gift given should be appropriate. It should not seem to be out-of-context to the recipient. If a gift is too lavish or if the recipient does not understand why it is being given, then the recipient may grow suspicious and assume that the gift giver may have other motives.
Few Reasons For Corporate Gift Giving
Corporate gifts are given for a variety of reasons because many tasks are often accomplished by them. These include the following.
- It can be a way of appreciating or recognizing the efforts of an employee.
- They often enhance the relationship of business with its customers.
- They also help enhance relationships with other businesses.
- Sometimes, if gifted in the right manner, then corporate gifts may also help a message or a request to get noticed by the target audience.
If carried out the right way, it can play an integral role in the structuring and enriching of relationships and in creating an impact. Corporate gift giving is hence, a useful modern art that can prove to be very useful for businesses.